Monday, May 3, 2010

I can't sleep!

It's 2:30 AM and I can't sleep! I'm tired; my brain just won't turn off. Chuck is in the middle of all the Tennessee flooding, I still don't have any idea where or what I am teaching next year, and it's state testing.

I haven't seen Chuck since the beginning of April. I went to Arizona for the last half of my spring break and he happened to get a run to Tempe. So I picked him up and he ended up being there for 3 days. The kids got to see his truck, which they thought was really cool. Lindsay says it's like a mini motor home. We had a lot of fun with the kids. As we left Arizona, we decided to stop in Blythe and see the Boltons. We left his truck in the parking lot on the corner and then all the Boltons, including Cameron and Faith, came over to see the truck. It was a nice visit.

Yesterday I got to see my sister, Diana, and her husband, Rich. They had gone to see our parents for Dad's birthday and Mother's Day. We had a nice visit and went to dinner. It's always so fun to see my sisters.

I am very excited about being chosen for the Colonial Williamsburg Institute this summer. Bailey and I didn't have enough time there last summer. I plan to extend my trip and go to visit my sister, Linda. I am looking forward to seeing more of the historical sites. I also plan to see Cami and Gentry and Gerry and Judy. We had so much fun with them last year!

I am taking the last two days of this week off and go to Arizona to surprise Bailey. She has a concert Thursday night. She plays the clarinet and she is really good. I had planned to go this weekend anyway if Chuck wasn't home. We will have finished state testing so it will be a nice break.

Our weather has definnitely been spring weather this past week so I planted some tomoato plants this weekend. My plan was to plant a little garden, but the area needs cleaned out and I ran out of time. It's hard to keep up the house and the outside by myself! Last weekend, my nephews, Josh and Anthony, came over to help. They mowed my lawns for me. But since it's spring, the laws are growing so fast again! Maybe when Chuck gets home again we can till the garden area and get it going. Seeing all Christie's vegetables inspire me!

I'm wanting to start packing up my classroom but we still have Open House and I don't want to have a bunch of boxes stacked up all over the place. I am trying to clean out what I don't use so that there is less to move.

Well, I'm going to try to sleep again. At least I won't really have to teach this morning; just give the state test.

1 comment:

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

I'm glad you're getting away this weekend, I guess you'll see Amy too. It is the pits when things are "up in the air" and you don't know exactly what is happening. Sounds like you and Ashley have that in common right now. So many parents from our school( 5%) opted out of testing this year which I am told just gets the state more involved with running our school and messes up the finances somewhat, but Cameron told me yesterday that he would rather test than get sent to the other room and do desk work. But he did develop the worst headache he has ever experienced yesterday and was in tears with it. He said he had not hit his head or anything but was in terrible pain. I hope it wasn't too much testing that strained him. Plus, he needs new glasses and they should have been in by now but frame was delayed. Well, have a nice weekend, see you soon.